Monday, January 26, 2009

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

Today is Australia Day. We started the festivities with prime seating for the local parade. Then we met up with the Baldwin family for lunch in the park. I could have sat there all day, nice to kick back and not think about the washing pile up or entertaining the kids... Then we drove out to Saumarez Homestead a national trust property. It had been many, many years since I had been out. We had a great time looking through the old home and playing in the gardens. All of the kids did so well. We had to put special 'booties' over our shoes and not touch a thing! No photos allowed inside.
I still managed to take 173 photos today, I didn't know what ones to post so I went with the very last one. Matt and Shawn are camping out tonight in the backyard. Matt had wanted to do it all holidays but time (and weather) was not really on our side. It also reminded me that I need to buy a new torch...opps! Shawn's smile is so wide, that will light the tent. They have been playing cards but I think have turned the light off now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo....I guess you and Liberty will be having a girly camping night tomorrow night.

Julie said...

Yep, and we have made room for you! :)

Louise said...

Looks like a fun day. I'm wondering if it is required that "National Days" be in the warmer months.