Wednesday, January 16, 2008

ONE THOUSAND!!

Today this little blog had it's 1000 visit!! Thank you everyone. It is a pretty amazing blog community out there. To everyone who has left a comment no matter how long or short, thanks. If anyone wants to leave a message/comment but doesn't want to do it with an email address, easy. Just check the anonymous box, and include your name in the comment.
In the photos you can see the new additions to our family. The bottom images are Bristle nose catfish. Rach delivered them this morning. They are the neatest little fish! they scurry around sucking up scum....very busy fish. The top fish are our Dalmation Mollies. We have a boy and a girl. The girl is actually a woman and has a very large belly that the pet shop told us is likely to be babies!!!!!! (fair trade Rach!)
I have been busy with Google on this matter and it is all very interesting. A female only has to mate once in her lifetime but can carry sperm in her forever. She is a live bearer and the fry can be half and inch long at birth. She may have 10-60 at a time...You go girl! lol
I did have a LO to share but I have been a little excited about the fish so I will post it tomorrow.
THANKS again everyone!
Happy Blogging x
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Meg said...

Hey Julie, did you get my emails??? I bet you I was the one thousand person on you blog... pick me do I win anything....

Unknown said...

Well thank me because I think I have contributed 780 of those hits checking to see if you have updated....lol. Fish tank is looking good. see you tomorrow.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS AT 1000 JULIE! YOU SUPPLY THE ALCOHOL,DIP & BICKIES & THE PARTY IS AT YOUR PLACE!...LOL HAVE A GREAT DAY.