Sunday, January 6, 2008

Look At The Water!

Well we are home from our weekend getaway. As I drove out the driveway I could feel my shoulders relaxing straight away. It is the first time I have felt so relaxed in weeks! YAY for me!! :} So the weekend away was just what I needed. It was miserable weather rained almost constantly except for not a drop today (always the way...) when we arrived we had to check out the water. The top right photo shows the only safe place to swim (a big puddle) as the water was moving fast and up alot from normal. The bottom, second from left is where we were swimming the day before! Slightly diff angle. Where Shawn had the board is the old gully that I think I have only seen wet twice. That was great fun. So apart from not being able to fish or have a good swim the flood didn't worry us too much. Apart from the dripping roof and heavy rain and the possum we slept well. That makes it seem like a bad weekend but it wasn't. We got to play with some of Shawn's Christmas gifts. Pirates of the Caribbean chess, UNO Attack and Cluedo card game. We had a good time playing them and quality time doing so. Combi loved the water (flood didn't stop her) so she should sleep for a week!
Now I better go and read my 51 emails that came in... I think I took over 200 photos so I will put more up latter. Hope your weekend was great too! x
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GLAD YOUR BACK SAFE JULIE & THAT YOU HAD A RELAXING TIME AWAY,I THINK WE ALL NEED TO DO THAT FROM TIME TO TIME!THOSE FLOODS ARE A BIT OF A WORRY!JUST SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE BY THE MINUTE!CANT WAIT TO SEE SOME LO'S WITH YOUR NEW FLOODY PHOTO'S.