Monday, June 7, 2010

It is official!



I have been keeping a secret... well trying to keep it a secret ;)
Eastmon Digital is where I work casually (very casually) on Saturdays and have for the past 3 something years. It was announced tonight, to the staff, that in a few short (very short) weeks, I will be taking on a full time role as the store manager... I am very excited, but so very nervous.

I will miss my kids, not getting home until at least 6pm, 5 days a week, will be hard. I will miss my husband, he now gets the job of Mr Mom. We are so fortunate that his job has a great deal of flexibility, so I can see the kids to school and preschool and he will be home to pick up Liberty and be home when Shawn arrives home. I will just miss out on more than I ever wanted to and we do so much as a unit of 4... I know it is my choice, I know people do this and I am not the first and will not be the last, it is just a huge leap for me (and since it is my blog I can say what I like!) I don't have to do it forever if it is not working out. I know exactly what I want to gain from working and that is travel money!

Anyway, that is my news for today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The ship is sinking...Rachel had better get herself a life boat...LOL. Just remember what each paycheck means....you will be fine.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You will do a great job at Eastmons and at home with your family.

Matt said...

So very Proud!!!..you will be a great manager!

Anonymous said...

I dont understand how, but you forgot to mention the worst part

missing ME