Thursday, October 1, 2009

Spring!

I took this photo about 2 weeks ago. 5 seconds after I took this shot, this Magpie flew down and swooped me... Lucky for me he didn't make contact with my scalp. The noise of the beak snapping made me shudder, like fingers down a chalk board. This guy hangs around in the trees at the school... not helpful when I need to walk to the school almost daily. Not much longer and he wont need to protect the nest... I hope!

We have a long weekend in NSW and we are heading off to Grafton to watch the Bridge to Bridge water ski race. If you want to travel the world via the www go check out Sky Watch Friday.

6 comments:

Jim said...

Great snap Julie.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Michelle said...

I love this shot...it was worth almost getting pecked by a bird. :)

~One Crafty Mama

Annie said...

Good shot. Yes, beware the magpies!

Sylvia K said...

Terrific shot, Julie! Glad you didn't get pecked!

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

eileeninmd said...

Great shot of the Magpie, glad you didn't get hurt! I do not see them in my state. Thanks for sharing.

Artlover said...

Nice shot Julie

http://artlover-mittlivibilder.blogspot.com/2009/10/skywatch-friday-look-at-stars-so-far.html