Sunday, November 2, 2008

November!





Well since my last post we have all been very busy!


Thursday Shawn had his school Halloween disco. He dressed as the fantastic Captain Jack Sparrow. He wore the wig we coveted from Disneyland and I made the vest and belts, quick and easy!The primary dance finished at 7pm but I stayed on to supervise the secondary students. It was a good night!


Friday was a bit of running around in the morning ready to kick back for the afternoon. The wonderful Miss Walsh (Shawn's teacher last year) and Pam came for afternoon tea. We had a lovely afternoon. Tanya is taking a teaching position in Dubai next year.... she will be missed!


Saturday I worked in the morning. That evening we had 18 for a BBQ dinner. It was great! So easy. Each family supplied their meat and a salad to share. Add to that the nibbles and we could have easily fed another 18! Only 3 casualties. Nash ran full throttle into the glass sliding door. Door is fine, Nash has a large bump on his forehead. It doesn't look to bad because you can't see it for all the hair! :) Next up was my carpet and Megs pants.... Rach decided to throw coke all over Meg... Not really, it was a total accident, but that makes for a dull story. :) Love you Rach x


Today. My wonderful children slept in past 8am!!! We bummed around for awhile, Matt woke up with a nasty head cold. About 10am we thought we would clean the carpets (as mentioned above) We just hire the ones from the supermarkets and do them ourselves. So for under $50 we did all of our house the couch and dining chairs. Then I went up to my Grandmothers and did all of her rugs and 2 big rooms. Then I did Mum's rugs and carpet. I am really impressed at how well our dining chairs came up. Now Matt and I are exhausted. I don't know about him, but I am off to bed very soon.


Before I go, I had a scrapbook win! If you would like to see the page click on this link.

4 comments:

Melleny Ams said...

A well deserved win Julie. Your page was gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the fun on Sat night....we are still laughing.....

Unknown said...

WELL DONE ON THE WIN JULIE! SHAWN LOOKS AWESOME ALL DRESSED UP!

Meg said...

Yes Julie, I will be sending Rachel the dry cleaning bill.....